Steven A. Herbst, M.D., is a fellowship-trained foot and ankle surgeon who has been with Central Indiana Orthopedics since 2002.
Dr. Herbst attended Indiana University in Bloomington, Indiana, where he earned his bachelor or arts degree in chemistry. He then earned his doctor of medicine degree at Indiana University School of Medicine in Indianapolis, Indiana. After medical school, Dr. Herbst completed residency training in orthopedic surgery at the University of Iowa Hospital of Clinics in Iowa City, Iowa. Dr. Herbst chose to undergo additional specialty training after his residency in the form of a foot and ankle surgery fellowship at MedStar Union Memorial Hospital in Baltimore, Maryland. He is board-certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery.
In addition to seeing patients at our Anderson and Muncie locations, Dr. Herbst also sees patients twice a month in Southwest Indianapolis at the Midwest Center for Joint Replacement.
- Bachelor of Arts in Chemistry, Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana
- Doctor of Medicine, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana
- Orthopedic Surgery, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa
- Foot and Ankle Surgery, Myerson/Schon Fellowship, MedStar Union Memorial Hospital, Baltimore, Maryland
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society
- Indiana Orthopaedic Society
- Indiana State Medical Association
- Indiana University Health Ball Memorial Hospital
- Community Hospital Anderson
- Central Indiana Orthopedic Surgery Center
- Marion General Hospital
- St. Vincent Anderson Regional Hospital
- Ball State University